Part-Time Helpdesk Assistant
Oceana is the most effective ocean conservation organisation in existence. We are a leader in science-based advocacy, and we campaign for policies to make the world’s oceans more abundant, vibrant, and biodiverse. We operate as a combined international organisation. Through recent expansion, our talented staff consists of about 240 people, working in more than 12 countries, including scientists, communications, policy and advocacy experts.
When you work at Oceana, you are part of an organization that literally changes people's lives by protecting the oceans, improving food security and enhancing livelihoods. Whether you are contributing as a policy advocate, expert, fundraiser, or team member, you play a pivotal role in helping people achieve their goals every day. Our culture is one of talented people working together with a common purpose.
As an Oceana team member, you know that what you do matters. Join us today to protect the world’s oceans and restore them to their former level of abundance!
The Junior Helpdesk Assistant provides first level (tier one) technology and workstation support from Oceana’s office in Madrid, Spain. The incumbent provides timely, quality-oriented services to 220+ users and 270+ computers in 13+ International offices across all time zones, with a focus on European and Philippines staff. The Junior Helpdesk Assistant coordinates with the Helpdesk Manager, Sr. IT Manager and Helpdesk team to manage time and tasks appropriately. The role may require travel to our satellite offices. Fluency in English and Spanish are required; French is desirable
1. Provide Oceana Help Desk Services
- Respond to IT support tickets in a courteous, professional and efficient manner. Maintain ownership of service tickets throughout the life span of the support request, escalate tier 2/3 requests when necessary, and hand off support to incoming staff at end of shift.
2. General IT Administration
- Set up and configure new network clients: workstations, laptops, and printers. Install hardware and software applications and their updates as needed. Basic repair and maintenance of computer systems, laptops, printers, and other peripheral devices.
3. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Ensure that backup jobs are completed successfully according to backup policies (weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Proactively address staff IT needs by seizing opportunities to train users on IT resources and by conducting effective new hire orientations. Additionally, train users on Office equipment like printers and conference room equipment.
5. Other Responsibilities
- Assist IT staff with various administrative duties such as ordering IT supplies, documentation of office equipment and furniture inventory, and keeping shared IT services spaces clean and operational.
Education and work experience:
- Current student or recent graduate with a degree in a related IT field.
- Relevant knowledge or experience working with cloud-based technology.
Desired Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 365, including SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and Teams. Apple and other operation system knowledge are a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based technology and ability to keep up with emerging technology trends to enhance user experience.
- Experience with the installation, repair and maintenance of computer hardware, software and peripherals (Copiers/Printers/Phones).
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Customer Focus: Able to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service. Ability to effectively communicate in a variety of settings among diverse styles and position levels.
- Ensure Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Results Driven: Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles.