- Location: Based in UK and/or Spain
- Department: Communications
- Duration: Permanent.
Oceana seeks a Communications Officer to be part of our Communications team. This position is expected to start 01/10/2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for writing press releases, press material, organising media events at international level and defining marketing strategies to support the communication goals and campaigns defined by the Senior Communications Manager or Campaign Lead. Being the focal point in the day-to-day operations of communications activities, including maintaining strong relationships with cross-agency teams developing strategies for Oceana. Specifically, she/he will:
- Monitoring, retrieving and process media coverage of Oceana in Europe.
- Take care of day-to-day media activities and respond to media inquiries.
- Use print, broadcast and electronic media materials, including the ability to update the webpage when needed.
- Working with media database, updating and introducing new data and developing press contacts.
- Contributing to media reports as required by the Senior Communications Director or Campaigns Lead involved.
- Writing/editing press releases, newsletters and other press materials, organizing media events and defining marketing strategies to support the communication goals defined by the Senior Communication Director
- Write articles and blog posts on our website
- Place Oceana in a role of a speaker at conferences in Europe
- Draft social media posts and develop relationship with influencers.
- Create simple tiles, gifs or videos for social media
- Copy-editor for English-language press materials, writing and editing press releases and if necessary website content.
- Liaise with journalists to pitch stories and handle enquiries about Oceana’s reputation and branding in the media.
- Organise media briefings and events.
Education and work experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Communications Officer
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of social media and CMS. Photo and video editing is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices around branding, marketing, and online communications data collection / analysis.
The position requires:
- Excellent communication skills to interact with internal clients or present their findings.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation
- Proactively seeks out solutions to challenges, and is responsive and flexible in managing a high paced, fast-changing environment
- Self-starter able to effectively take initiative, work independently, stay calm under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong team playing skills and cooperative approach.
- Fluency in English and Spanish; other additional language is a plus.
- Experience in an international non-profit preferred.
- Passion for communications.
- Cross cultural communications skills.
- Strong written communication skills across a variety of platforms including newsletters, social media and website applications.
- Understanding of social media practices and tools.
- Able to work under tight timelines and be highly organized.
The post is for 5 days/week.
The closing date for applications is 20/09/2019, and the selection process will be ongoing throughout this period. Early submission of applications is therefore encouraged.
Oceana is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply for the post
Please send your CV to: email@example.com