The Accounting assistant will support the Accounting Department in Europe in the day-to-day accounting and transactions, including accounts payable, expense reports and staff travel and other duties at the request of his/her supervisor.
Reporting to the Senior Controller in Europe and working in close collaboration with the Oceana’s finance team, he/she will contribute to Oceana’s European activities and goals.
- Verify accuracy of the invoices received, getting the corresponding approvals from budget authorities and cost allocations.
- Maintain up to date filing of Accounting Department documents to have the accurate information filed.
Expense reports and staff travel:
- Follow up on travel requests, receipt of invoices and reports from the travel agency in line with the Oceana Europe´s travel policy.
- Maintain the data base of all Oceana Europe staff travel
- Review and ensure that travel expenses are reported correctly in the reporting system (Nexonia) according to the travel requests.
- Organise travel arrangements and prepare expense reports for key staff.
Other accounting tasks:
- Support the reconciliation of credit cards and accounts payable to employees.
- Manage petty cash transactions
- Review cash revenue from small donations before being transferred from the CRM Salesforce to the accounting system (NetSuite).
Education and work experience:
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in accounting department, preferably in a non profit organization.
- “Formación profesional” or “Ciclo formativo superior” in Administration or Finance.
- Proven knowledge of the Spanish GAAP “Plan General Contable Español”.
Skills and knowledge:
- Fluency in English is essential as a focal point for Europe accounting and administrative tasks. Interview will be carried out in Engish.
- Advance MS Excel skills
- Ability to follow up processes and administration without supervision, being responsible and able to keep up to date.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, completing unexpected projects and great administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role, including experience working with teams across an organization; ability to build and maintain trust and confidence of all staff.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in working with sensitive information, and possess excellent judgment in handling communications, expenses, budgets, other issues, and personal relationships.
- Good analytical skills and good time management execution.
This is a full-time position
This position will be based in Oceana´s European Headquarters in Madrid
Annual salary will be 18,000€ - 24,000€ commensurate with experience.
To apply for the post:
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Reference: Accounting Assistant
Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted.